Volunteers, Let Us Answer Your Questions
Depending on the number of shifts that remain open as of July 1, we may opt to close self-selection and our staff will assign you to a particular artist. This will be posted on the registration page.
If you are volunteering on Friday night, you should also bring a flashlight. Your shift will end after dark outside, and parking lots may have inadequate lighting.
If you want to shop at the market, bring cash, checks or credit card. There is an ATM on site. Wear comfortable shoes.
And come prepared to have fun and make new friends!
The Volunteer Hospitality tent (in the lower lot where the shuttle drops off volunteers) welcomes all volunteers to enjoy a bountiful variety of snacks, coffee, and beverages among amazing volunteers from throughout the country. The VolHosp tent is open all day on Friday (including a substantial snack for Friday evening volunteers available from 4-6pm) Saturday and Sunday. Plan to stop by before your shift or during a break.
Please note: Although we make every effort to provide a wide variety of snacks, we are not able to accommodate every nutritional need or food preference. If you have specific dietary requirements or food sensitivities, we recommend that you to bring what you need. Meals can also be purchased at the International Food Bazaar or Museum Café before or after your shift.
– A commemorative Market t-shirt and folk art thank-you gift
Free admission to the Market on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
– A dedicated volunteer shuttle to bring you to and from Museum Hill
– A volunteer hospitality tent with snacks, refreshment & relaxation
On top of all that, it’s an unparalleled and unique volunteer experience where the world comes to Santa Fe! Hear some of our past volunteers describe their experience – Volunteering at the International Folk Art Market
– If you are scheduled to work the Friday Market Opening Party or the Saturday Early Bird Market, please understand that these are paid shopping experiences, and you may not purchase items before or during your shift.
– Please do not abandon your station to shop during your shift. If the shift is slow, coordinate with team members to leave for a short period, or allow yourself time before or after your shift for shopping.
– Do not ask an artist to sell items directly to you with cash, to sell you items before the Market begins on Friday evening, or to “hold” any items for you.
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you sign up for Express Pay in advance. This will expedite your shopping experience. Sign up here: EXPRESS PAY
Need instructions? How to Access Your Volunteer Profile
You will also receive email reminders 48 hours prior to each scheduled shift. If you are an Artist Assistant those reminder emails will contain your booth number and artist name.
You can also get your t-shirt and badge when you arrive on Museum Hill at the volunteer tent beginning Friday morning, July 12. In order to pick up your badge on Museum Hill, you must arrive via the volunteer Shuttle, as you will not be able to get in through the main market entrance without your badge. You DO NOT need your badge or t-shirt to ride the volunteer shuttle. Please plan to ARRIVE on the Hill 30 minutes prior to the start of your shift to pick up your badge at the volunteer tent, allow time for a bag check by security and to get to your volunteer location on time. This means being in the volunteer shuttle lot at the Montoya Building (in front of the clinic) at the intersection of St. Francis & Cordova 60 mins prior to your shift.
Some volunteer expenses can be itemized as tax deductions. (Consult your tax professional for details.) If you require a letter of service as proof of performance, email us at email@example.com