The International Folk Art Market Santa Fe is held on the second weekend of July each year on Museum Hill in Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.A.
The 2020 International Folk Art Market Santa Fe is on July 10, 11, & 12.
Visit our APPLICATION GUIDE for more information.
Application Deadline October 1, 2019
Selection Process October – November 2019
Notifications (Acceptance or Non-acceptance) November 15 – December 31, 2019 (sent via email)
Financial Assistance Notifications January 1 – 31, 2019 (sent via email)
International Folk Art Market Santa Fe July 10, 11 and 12, 2020
WHO CAN APPLY?
Individual artists, cooperatives, non-profit organizations, businesses or individual sponsors are eligible to apply. See Selection Process for additional criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
- There is no application fee.
- The 2020 International Folk Art Market Santa Fe Application is available online and can be completed electronically.
- NEW to the ONLINE process? Register Here and complete the 2020 Application. (Create a Username and Password to access the application.)
- Already have an account? Click here and go to “Returning Users” text box to log in and find the Application on the Forms tab of your existing account.
- Create an account to save and return to the application as needed until completed. Once the application is complete, SUBMIT the application for review by IFAM.
- The quality and type of photographs submitted are important. Applications are evaluated based on the photographs provided and should clearly represent the art work being written about in the application. If selected for participation in IFAM Santa Fe, the photographs submitted may be used for many purposes, including publicity on IFAM’s website. You must have the legal rights to use the photographs you send us.
IFAM believes that tradition serves as the basis for contemporary folk arts and features a group of artists who demonstrate excellence in innovations within their folk art traditions. Traditions may evolve over time in materials, methods, design and/or products used. Collaboration between artists working in different traditions will also be considered. Emphasis on innovation can be indicated within the online application. If you have questions about innovative folk art products prior to completing your application, please contact email@example.com
- Financial Assistance Form
First-time Market artists who want to apply for financial assistance should complete the Financial Assistance form. Eligibility criteria:
- Must be a first-time Market artist who will attend the event
- Must be an artist who is independent or part of a cooperative or nonprofit organization
- Businesses and artists with sponsors are ineligible
- Artists or sponsoring organizations who have attended IFAM Santa Fe previously are ineligible
A limited number of financial assistance packages are available. The packages are awarded to support an artist’s international round trip airfare, local transportation (Albuquerque/Santa Fe), educational programming, hotel in Santa Fe, and meals during educational programming and the International Folk Art Market. The package can be expanded to cover the costs for a qualified interpreter upon discretion by IFAM. Artists who receive financial assistance must still cover costs such as passport and visa fees, shipping, transportation within own country and booth fee. The Financial Assistance Form is located within the online application.
Contact: IFAA@nminteractive.org for technical assistance to log into and access the International Folk Art Market Santa Fe application.
October 1, 2019 is the last day to submit online applications for the 2020 International Folk Art Market Santa Fe. Individuals encountering difficulties accessing the online application should contact Sachiko Umi by September 1, 2019 for alternate submissions.
Applicants will be notified by December 31, 2019 whether or not they are invited to participate in the 2020 International Folk Art Market Santa Fe.
Financial Assistance Notifications
First-time applicants who applied for Financial Assistance and are invited to participate in the 2020 International Folk Art Market Santa Fe will be notified by January 31, 2020 whether or not they will receive Financial Assistance.
Contact and help for artist and application-related matters, including information about applying to the International Folk Art Market Santa Fe:
Director of Artist Development
International Folk Art Market
+1 505-992-7610 (phone)