From 2004 to 2012, the International Folk Art Market has:
- generated more than $16 million from artist sales, 90 percent of which has gone home with the artists and their organizations
- positively impacted the lives of 1.02 million people worldwide, through Market sales
- presented 650 master folk artists from 80 countries and across six continents at the Market
- provided close to $1 million in direct financial support to new artists to attend the Market
- offered business-development training and support to 760 artists and their representatives from more than 30 countries
The Market has supported New Mexico, and New Mexico has supported the Market:
- The Market has had an estimated economic impact of $90 million on our local community over the past nine years.
- More than 3,400 volunteers, many from New Mexico, have given 120,000 hours of their time to the Market over the past nine years. These volunteer hours are valued at $5.12 million.
Looking forward, by 2018 the Market estimates that it will:
- exceed $32 million (up from $16 million) in artist sales
- impact more than 1.5 million lives worldwide (up from over 1 million), through Market sales
- present 950 master folk artists (up from 650) from 100 countries (up from 80) and six continents at the Market
- provide approximately $1.5 million in direct financial support to new artists to attend the Market (up from almost $1 million)
- offer business-development training and support to 1,760 artists and their representatives (up from 760)
- have a $140 million economic impact (up from an estimated $90 million) on New Mexico through Market visitors