The 2017 IFAM | Santa Fe by the numbers:
- 154 artists from 53 countries generated sales of more than $3.1 million in just 2.5 days.
- 90 percent of the sales will return home with the artists, equipped and empowered to serve as catalysts for positive social change in their villages and communities.
- Average artist sales per booth were more than $20,000!
- 48 first-time Market artists traveled to Santa Fe and were welcomed into their artist family of 106 returning artists at the 2017 IFAM | Santa Fe—they now are connected to our network of more than 900 artists across 90 countries since the Market’s inception.
- Four countries were represented for the first time: Argentina, Jordan, Tajikistan, and Tanzania.
- More than 21,000 in projected attendance at the Market and the Community Celebration, generating a projected local economic impact of $12 million.
- The Market’s collection of gross receipts tax (even though as a non-profit organization we are not obligated to collect) will result in more than $255,000 to the State of New Mexico and, consequently to the City of Santa Fe.
- More than 1,600 volunteers covered 4,200 work shifts, increasing the number of volunteer names by more than 600.